I'm dyin' here people. I'm at work and everyone else has left, because they can. It's disgustingly hot in our office. My little office must be up around 36 degrees because it's sweltering compared to the main room, which as at a "lovely" 29 degrees right now. I have wireless on my work computer, so I've relocated to the sofa. I'm chain-eating jelly bellies and putting in my time. I don't have any pressing work to do, and it's too hot to do anything anyways.
On the employment search front, Harlequin seems to want me. I haven't been hired yet, but they've moved on to the reference checking stage. It's hard for me to imagine sitting at a computer reading Harlequin books all day, every day, but it's easy for me to imagine being able to pay my rent. Plus, it sounds like a much nicer way to get into the industry than the incredible hours some of my friends are doing in their new positions with the big publishers. I've never been a workaholic and I don't intend to start now. I work hard (most of the time), but I think 8 hours a day is plenty thank you very much. I want to have a life outside of work. Ugh, I think I'm crashing from too much sugar. Maybe a little chocolate will help. OK, this is too much work. I'm gonna go read a book now.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You thought I was joking, but you are about to get my dream job! OHMYGOD! I fricken LOVE romance books!
*faints*
I'm applying for jobs too. So far nothing as cool as reading romance novels. Dammit.
Post a Comment