Tuesday, June 21, 2005

dry spell

Sorry I haven't blogged anything for quite some time. Sadly, we still don't have the internet properly hooked up in our new apartment, so the only time I get to do anything on line is when I'm supposed to be working. I've actually had a fair amount of work to do lately, hence my silence. I'm doing this while eating lunch today.

So, a quick update. I've had two interviews so far. The most recent one was at Penguin. It seems like everyone wants me to start right away, though. And I'm supposed to be at this job till the end of July, so I'd have to at least give some notice. I think they don't want to piss off my boss by stealing me away, either. She knows a lot of people in the industry. So, it may be hard to land another job until closer to the end of my time here. I do have an interview this Friday for Harlequin, so we'll see how that goes. I'd be proofreading romance novels all day, every day. Hmm... well, better than math textbooks.

My lovelife has hit a highly sucky stage. I stopped seeing the guy I was dating because he was obsessed with a previous relationship. Then I became interested in one of the guys I play basketball with, who seemed to be interested in me, only to find out that he has a girlfriend who lives in another province. I give up! If they're not mentally or physically available, I wish guys would just leave me alone.

Well, that's all for now. Better get back to work. Take care all :-)

4 comments:

jenn said...

ohmygod! I would LOVE to proofread romance novels all day! That would be so cool!!!

Err, if you don't want that one can I have it?

*sigh*

And you know I'm totally serious.

On your other topic, boys are silly. This is about all I have to offer.
xoxo
jenn

Laura Barth said...

You always say boys are silly. I think I need more. Advise me oh wise one.

Julia said...

boys are stinky too. except for jason. he bathes more than i do. and uses aveda aftershave. mmmmm.

erm, i'm trying to write something for harlequin... i'll insert a secret clue so you know which one is mine. it will have a purple monkey named laura in it.

Laura Barth said...

That would be hilarious Julia. If I ever run across a purple monkey named Laura in my proofreading I'm gonna fall right off my chair.

By the way, I got a call today that they want to pursue my application and we're at the reference- checking stage now. It's hard for me to imagine working at Harlequin, but I like thinking about being able to pay my rent and buy food and such.