Wednesday, June 22, 2005

And I seemed like such a nice girl

Ok, I almost punched out this woman last night on the basketball court. In case I didn't mention it, I've been playing every Tuesday night. It's supposed to be a fun, recreational league, but some people get a bit serious about it. It seems like every game I'm getting fouled on and banged up, and I'm getting sick of it. Well, last night we played against the most intense and unfriendly team in our league and the woman who was guarding me was just all over me with the elbows and the hands. I swear, everytime I had the ball she started smacking me. She was a great player, but she was super aggressive. At one point I actually told her to F**k off. She didn't appreciate that. I just got angrier and angrier and eventually had to take a time out even though I wasn't tired, just to keep from hitting her. I just want to have fun! It's supposed to be fun! I feel like I'm back in highschool. Well, that was our last game of the season and we should have at least a week or two off before summer season starts, so hopefully I'll be over it by then. I wish I had some way to get rid of all this pent up anger. Maybe I need to take a kickboxing class.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Well, I think I'm going to take some kayaking lessons. This is kinda related, but not really.

Errr, kickboxing sounds cool.

Don't kill anyone, k?

Laura Barth said...

Kayaking is fun, and great exercise (not that I've done much of it). I'll try not to kill anyone, but can I at least bruise them a little?