Saturday, April 30, 2005

it's never the cute ones

OK, so I had an interesting outing last night. It was my roommate's friend's birthday and she invited us to a party and then out to an event at a dance club. The party was uneventful except for a guy taking his pants off (luckily he was convinced to keep his underwear on). The dance club was a whole other story. I didn't know anything about the event they had going on and neither did my roommate. It turned out to be a queer celebration called Vazzeline. I was happy enough to go along and see what it was all about. Well, it was quite an experience! The place was filled to the brim with men, none of whom were the least interested in me and my friends. I felt like I was at Babylon in Queer as Folk. As time went on a few women joined the party. But, the thing that I'm truly writing this post to tell you about, was that there were a couple of guys dancing buck naked in the crowd. They weren't dancing together, or doing anything risque apart from being starkers. Let me tell you, that's one way to get a little space on the dance floor, especially when you're clearly enjoying yourself. It's too bad they weren't a little more pleasing to the eye. I was mainly focused on not dancing too close to them. You just never know what you're going to end up doing on a night out in Toronto.

3 comments:

jenn said...

dear god, I hope you are on the pill! I mean, a place like that if you were to slip on the floor - next thing you know you'd be.. how did cali put it? Up the stump?

Which again, I think is a very odd way to say pregnant.

Oh, and I had a shit weekend so it makes me feel better to read about you having fun. xoxo love you, jenn

Laura Barth said...

ah, thanks for the good pre-sleep chuckle Jenny-poo. Indeed, I am on the pill. Sadly, that's the closest I been to a sexual encounter since I started taking it.

As to Zooey's question, it was so clear it was HARD to miss. :P

night night

L.

jenn said...

hey you, sorry I missed you call the other night. I've been a bit frazzled of late. But things are settling down so I hope we can chat in the next day or two. I went to call you last night but it was that bit too late.

Xoxxo
jenn