Well, I'm all moved in. It was hard work with only two of us and over 30 degree weather. But, here I am in the loverly new apartment. It's veeery tiny, being just a bachelor, but I love it anyways. It's clean and bright and has things most people take for granted, such as multiple electrical outlets and some actual storage space. My neighbours are nice and none of them seems to be on the run from the law.
I don't have a bed yet so I'm sleeping on the floor, which is hardwood and not especially comfy. Figured I'd wait until I was sure the bugs were gone before investing in any new furniture. Happily I do have a sofa. I bought it for $50 from a friend at work and it will at least give me something to sit on until I can afford a nicer one.
The only real downside so far is that I don't have the phone hooked up. I made an appointment for them to come Friday afternoon and waited at the door to the building for three hours but they never came. I was pretty pissed off until I realized I'd been sitting at the wrong door. My building's a bit confusing, and as some of you know, I'm rather spacially challenged. So now I just feel like a tool and I'm embarrassed to have to call the phone company from work tomorrow and explain myself. I'm really missing my phone. I didn't realize how much I rely on it to feel connected with the people in my life. Plus, the apartment buzzer goes to my phone number, so I don't even know when people try to visit me. My only form of contact is e-mail. I hope the phone guy comes back soon.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, I just had a little tiny giggle over your spacially challenged comment. But I'm sorry you missed the phone guy. If it makes you feel better, he probably didn't show up either. [/helpful]
I'm so glad you like your place. I'm excited about my new upcoming DISHWASHER! I focus on that when I'm trying to downsize.
Post a Comment