Friday, August 18, 2006

endings

This week has been all about endings. Today was my last day as a proofreader. It seemed like there should have been more fanfare or something. My boss made cupcakes at least, and everyone signed a card. I guess if I'd been leaving the company there would have been more ado. It was a reasonably pleasant day, though, and certainly my work life is better than my home life right now.

There are endings there, too, it seems. I can only say "it seems" because there's not much communciation happening to help define things. I guess it was too much to expect that we could carry on as a couple once we'd decided not to live together anymore. It sucks that we have to continue like this for another month and a half. It looks like he may be planning to go camping next week, though, which would be a nice break for me.

I'm ready to start fresh with my new job and new apartment, but I'm stuck here in this relationship limbo. I'm hoping that starting my new job on Monday will distract me from my home situation for a while. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to learn things.

Thanks to those who responded to my last post. I felt inspired to post again in a more timely fashion. Thanks for taking an interest in my crazy little life.

2 comments:

jenn said...

So sorry to hear about the relationship limbo. Um, something about it making you stronger - yes. But YAY for new job!!

Yonners said...

Well, of course I pay attention! You have a crazy little life, I have a mind numbing boring little life. I can't wait to hear about your new job (and I'm also insane and boring because the first time I wrote that sentence it said I can't hear to wait about your new job). Wheeeee for Laura!