Friday, August 04, 2006

New Beginnings… Are there any old ones?

In response to Jenn's suggestion that I'm overdue to post something here, I'll get on it. Seems a bit silly, though, since I think she's my only reader. Let me know if you're not Jenn and you're reading this post. Maybe then I'll update more often. Of course, maybe if I updated more often more people would visit my blog. Hmm… Food for thought.

So a lot has happened this month. Some good, some bad, some undecided. The good news is that I got the job I wanted. I had applied for an Editorial Assistant position with the same company I'm at now. I'd previously applied for an almost identical position but hadn't gotten it despite being short listed etc. There were a lot of editorial tests and interviews involved and I almost gave up on the second job part way through the test, but I decided to stick with it and I'm obviously glad I did. Woo hoo for new jobs!! It's a bit of a promotion, as it will mean a bit more pay and a higher target bonus. The pay's still not great, but it's publishing so the pay's rarely great. Most importantly, this is the job that sets me on the right path to becoming an editor some day down the road.

In not-so-good news, my boyfriend and I have decided that we'd prefer to live separately. Our living together just isn't working out and it's time to give up the ghost. So now I have to look for a new apartment—I can't afford the rent here on my own and I'm tired of the whole roommate thing. I'm looking forward to having my own space again, but I'm worried about trying to find something new. I have a very specific idea of what I'm looking for and what area I want to live in, so I hope I can find something that fits the bill. I'm obsessively checking all the places where rentals are advertised. I need to try to relax a bit and not panic. We had to give two months notice, so I've got plenty of time to find something. Imagine having to live with someone for two months after you've decided you no longer want to live together. Fun times. It's actually been all right so far.

Well that's a rather long post, I think. If you're still with me, thanks for reading and remember to let me know you were here.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

jenn said...

I'm here!!




But you totally already knew that.

Yonners said...

I'm here too! I didn't leave a comment before because the internet crashed so sorry. Waves!