Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Madness Continues

Two more weeks of classes! Can you say stress? I'm excited about only have two weeks to go and horrified about trying to get everything done in that amount of time. I'm trying to learn how to aim for a "B" so as not to go off the deepend with my perfectionist tendancies that lead me to sit frozen in front of my computer because I'm not sure how to do the assignment. It's survival time.

My hands are getting worse and it's hard to type for any length of time, which is not helping the whole homework accomplishment thing. I shouldn't be typing this right now, but whatever. I'm trying not to stress too much about this, as it just makes my hands worse and probably isn't good for the rest of me either.

I have another appointment at the hospital today. If the doctor isn't there this time I'm never going back. He's just going to tell me I'm fine anyways. It's such a waste of time and energy. It's weird how you get sucked into the medical system and even though you know that there's no point in going along with them, you can't seem to help yourself. I think it's their aura of authority and the fear that there may actually be something wrong with you. Well, clearly there are lots of things wrong with me, but I don't think any of them is related to my heart.

I found out where I'll be doing my internship and I think it will be good. It's basically a company that does sales for about ten different publishers. They sell the books to the bookstores etc. I hope I like it, because it doesn't seem like I'll be able to use my hands well enough to do editing any time soon. Well, maybe once the stress of this semester is over, my hands will go back to normal.

Anyway, that's all for now. Kind of a depressing post I suppose, but that's my life right now. Hopefully it will become more fun soon.

4 comments:

Laura Barth said...

Hey Zooey, the date went fine. He was actually a pretty nice guy and not bad looking. Unfortunately, there wasn't really any kind of a spark between us. I'd go out with him again anyways because sometimes it takes awhile for me to spark on someone. But, I don't know if I made the best impression. I'm just so stressed out and zonked right now. I really shouldn't be trying to date. I look and feel like I need a long vacation. Despite that, I've been trading e-mails with another guy whom I'm much more interested in, so we'll see what happens. Maybe I should put off meeting him until this crazy crunch time is over. Don't want to scare him away with my dark under-eye circles and vacant stares.

Yonners said...

Hello Laura, don't stress about school! It's stupid and this big stupid institutionalized stupid thing with stupid people telling you what to do and it's all just stupid. Yup. Me vocabulary good. I also enjoy aiming for a B, or even a C, cause then everything is good! Have you thought about getting one of those dictating computers? I think they are still in the 'lots of glitches' stage unfortunately. (Like you say 'my thesis is concerned with the blatently racist exploits of pancake companies' and it writes... 'my feces is concert with ya blanket racing expos of panic frumpies.' That would be bad.) Your internship sounds interesting. Do you get into that through your studies? And don't worry, my blogs are depressing too, in fact I'm thinking of going through and coding my blog entries for optimism and pessimism, and different themes, and I think the majority will be pessism (so my research hypothesis is that the ratio of neg blogs will be significantly higher than pos blogs) oh wait.... I'm not in class! Feel better hands!

Laura Barth said...

Hey Yonners, good to hear from you :-) School is stupid. I'll try not to worry about it. I wouldn't be so bothered if they'd actually even pretend to teach us how to do stuff before getting us to produce assignments. My assignment for Monday involves a business plan. We haven't even talked about business plans in the class. Baaaaaa!!!!! Anyways... You don't need a special computer anymore to do the voice thing. You just need the software, which apparently comes with Word these days or you can buy it for like $180 or something. Not bad. I may get that at some point. Well, that's all for now. Good luck with your research ;-)

jenn said...

Hey sweets, You need me to give you my friend Melly's email address as you're going through the same health stuff she did. And she got the run-around with what was happening and being made to feel nothing was wrong. So I think she could really be helpful for you in this process.

I will try and remember to do this asap. Oh, and asap stands for "later.. and I'll probably forget" -*doh*