Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Waiting for the call
Alright, what is it about dating that turns perfectly "normal" people into paranoid basketcases? After a perfectly lovely weekend, my guy said he'd call me on Sunday night or Monday. After not hearing from him on Sunday night, I decided that he shouldn't have to be the one to call me all the time, so I called him. He didn't answer so I left a message. He never returned my call on Monday. You must, of course, realize that I was distressed from the time I left the message, checking the phone for messages repeatedly even though I'd been there and would have heard it if it rang. I finally talked myself down at about 10pm and reminded myself that I had a good life and I didn't need some guy to call me and reaffirm my worth as a human being. So, today when I got home from school there was a message from him saying that he was sorry he hadn't called me back yesterday, but it was just a really busy, crazy day. He asked me to call him back when I got in. So, I called him back and got his answering service again. I left another message. That was at 3:30pm and it's now 10:30pm. He hasn't called back. I can only assume that he never wants to see me again and is just toying with me for fun (that's the paranoid me talking). In truth, I'm sure he's just had another crazy busy day and hasn't had a chance to call back. But, rational thought doesn't make me feel much better. I hope this doesn't happen again tomorrow. This is the part I hate about liking someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh sweets. He's busy. Busy people are - well - busy by nature and that he called and told you, that is what's important.
Go get lots of homework done and then when the two of you have a moment you'll both have the time. And take it easy on your poor little brain. Don't worry.
XoXo
jenn
Post a Comment