Thursday, January 20, 2005

My nose froze

I experienced the inside of my nose freezing, for the first time ever, yesterday. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was. It just kinda feels like you have a bad case of boogers. Not pleasant. It didn't take me long to realize that I have to put my scarf over my nose and mouth to avoid this problem. What with the wind chill factor here, it's about -30, which is definitely the coldest I've ever felt.

In other news, school is very busy and a bit stressful, but I like the momentum that we have this semester. I'm starting to worry about getting a job. Having not worked since March, I'm having a hard time embracing the possibility of work. It's crazy too because people want to get a resume from you and do an interview even if you just want to volunteer for them once a week. I'm trying to give you free labour here people, come on!! I can only imagine what trying to get a paying job is going to be like.

In the romance area, things are unsettled, but ok. The guy I was seeing did just have a crazy time last week. He was really stressed out about work. His camera ($80,000) has a problem where it's dropping pixels and it needs a new part ($10,000), so he's understandably distressed. I think my main problem is that we met online and it's just a different kind of place to meet someone, so you're even less sure about how things should happen. Basically, I want to suggest to him that we suspend our accounts and just see each other, but we haven't really been dating for very long and it just seems so serious to be talking about being exclusive. But, we're at the point where I would feel pretty devastated if I saw him out with someone else. So, I guess I just need to talk to him about it. I wish I felt more comfortable talking to guys about relationship stuff. I guess I've just been shut down so many times in the past that I'm a little scared.

Ah well, I've done lots of stuff that I was afraid to do and I'm fine. It can't be as terrifying as bungee jumping. Well, I guess I've blathered on long enough now. It's supposed to be a web log not a web novel right?

1 comment:

jenn said...

Gah it is cold here too. Freaken cold. About the minus 25C with wind chill. Yesterday Jim and I went for an hour and half walk as it wasn't as cold... but I still ended up with a bit of wind burn on my face. Today was so cold we actually ran into issues just waiting for the cab at his parents' place- and then the 20 min ride to the train was not heated. Bugger.

Yeah, guy stuff. Ummm, I have no idea. But I know school! School - good. Boys - confusing.

Thus ends my lesson.

xoxo

blog novel is good when you are so long between blogs. But try, as I try, for a bit more here and there. Need not be life altering, just a bit of babble my sweets.