So I was getting quite discouraged with the apartment hunt. A lot of what I was seeing was less appealing than my current place and much more expenisve. It's ridiculous how much you can spend for a crappy apartment in Toronto. But after looking at many places and just not feeling it, I finally found one I like. It's not quite as conveniently located as I'd hoped for, but I should be able to walk to the subway in 15 minutes or there's a bus stop very near by. It's a nice area, within walking distance of downtown and the building looks emaculate. The suite is a bachelor, so it's not huge, but it's bright and clean and has some personality (hardwood floors, nice moldings, etc.). It's $800 a month, utilities included, which means it'll be about $130 more a month than I'm currently paying for a one bedroom. But it's so much nicer. I don't think a bug would dare to set foot in that place.
By the way, since giving notice I also had cockroaches and some other weird bug. The cockroaches came from a suite down the hall. Apparently the guy moved out a few weeks ago and the place was totally infested. So my apartment had to get sprayed yet again. Plus, the last few days the building has smelled randomly of doggy doo. I was wandering around last night trying to figure out where it was coming from, but couldn't narrow it down. I actually found some dog doo in the second floor hallway about a month ago and told the landlords. What are people doing letting their pets use the hallway as a toilet?
In other news, I seem to have gotten rid of the bedbugs finally (knocking on all kinds of wood). Hopefully they don't come back before I move.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, does that mean you get all new furniture too? Good fun!
Post a Comment