Saturday, December 11, 2004
Exams, Final Projects, Rehearsals, and Lavalife
Well, I've probably lost anyone who was keeping an eye on my blog by now, but in case I haven't, let me appologize for letting things slide. Life's been a little crazy lately. The last two weeks have involved a series of final projects and group presentations being due. I still have one project due on Monday (guess I should be working on that). On top of all that I've been going to at least two rehearsals a week for some skits that I madly agreed to act in for the Book Publishers Professional Association's Cabaret, which takes place this coming Tuesday. Yikes!!! Do you think it's too late to back out? Actually, I seem to be getting the hang of this acting thing. I may win a prize as the most improved actor. Anyways, Cabaret is right in the middle of exam week. Nice timing eh? Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out. Oh, oh, on top of all that, I decided that my social life was a disgrace (doesn't everyone do laundry on Saturday nights?) so I joined Lavalife. Well, it's just been crazy. I've only been on the site for two weeks and I've gone out with three different guys, one of them twice. I barely have time to breathe. I've decided that I can't possibly go out on any more dates until after my exams are finished, so I'll try to stick with that. I have to say that I highly recommend Lavalife if you want to get out there and meet a lot of new people. It's fun going on dates. There are certainly a few strange ones, but on the whole it's a pretty good experience. That said, I did go out with a really creepy guy yesterday. He was trying to convince me of the inevitability of terrorists bombing the U.S. with nukes, and during dinner he started going on about how much he loved "Silence of the Lambs" and every sequel, prequel and book related to it. Hearing about how some guy got carved in half like a deer is not exactly what I want to hear while I'm eating sushi. I'm glad I didn't give him any identifying information. On the whole, though, it's been a good experience thus far. Well, that's all for now. I think I'll try to get some sleep tonight. Laters...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Life if much easier if you are anti-social as I am, my dear. many many less 'people' to take up precious time for sleep ;D
Ahh, who am I kidding - go get 'em you crazy kid.
Post a Comment